A Methodist church has been in existence in Acton since 1827. The new church building was dedicated in its present location on Mill Street in 1960. Trinity was officially named in 1962. Trinity United Church, the structure, is a reasonably modern building on the main downtown street. The church is accessible due to a new elevator in 1998. A new steel roof was installed and a variety of upgrades were accomplished at the same time. For the past few years, church services have been enhanced via the use of Power Point, keeping up with the times. There is adequate parking available with Trinity’s shared parking lot and adjacent streets. The property is adorned with the Acton Cenotaph, which is the focus of Remembrance Day and other Royal Canadian Legion occasions.
Trinity has a small Choir of about a dozen led by Dr. Elliott. The Church has an active Flower Committee and generally there are fresh flowers for most Sundays. There is a social time following each service with refreshments, generally in the narthex. On the first Sunday of each month there is a a pot-luck lunch after Holy Communion.
￼Trinity United Church has an active Board to oversee church operations. As well there are various committees including the Ministry and Personnel, Administration and Stewardship, Worship, Christian Development, Pastoral Care, Flower, and Property. One Board member is a representative to Presbytery in the Northern Waters of the Toronto Conference.